We are currently looking for volunteers to help us in these areas:
CareNights is the first and only programme in Singapore that provides transitional night care for children of families in need. We do not charge a fee to the family. We aim to instill virtues through organized activities with the children in our care. It caters to parents who need to work overtime, perform shift work frequently, attend night classes or to attend to life crisis situations. We serve children aged 7-14 years, and run nightly Mondays to Fridays, from 6pm to 10pm.
Volunteers will be supported with comprehensive training on managing and communicating with children.
Volunteers are expected to:
• Assist to manage the behaviours of the children
• Assist the children with their academic work
• Facilitate/lead activities such as speech & drama, dance, art & craft, singing, preparing simple meals, educational or recreational games
• Promote CareNights to the community by going on home visits or participating in community events, such as job fairs or roadshows
• Assist with recruitment of volunteers for CareNights
• Assist in maintaining the safety and well beings of the children, security and cleanliness of the centres.
• At least 18 years old
• Open to working with children aged 7-14 for at least 6 months or at least 72 hours of service in a year
• Willing to learn new ways of engaging and communicating with children
We need volunteers to go on roadshows to help publicise our various programmes, conduct block visits and to aid in fundraising events.
• At least 16 years old
• Willing to work on weeknights and weekends
For more details, please call our Programmes Department at 62851377.