CareNights is the first and only programme in Singapore that provides transitional night care for children of families in need. We aim to instill virtues through organized activities with the children in our care. It caters to parents who need to work overtime, perform shift work frequently, attend night classes or to attend to life crisis situations such as a divorce. We serve children aged 7-14 years, and run nightly Mondays to Fridays, from 6pm to 10pm.
We do not charge a fee to the family.
Volunteers will be supported with comprehensive training on managing and communicating with children. A monthly briefing is conducted for volunteers to find out more about CareNights and what it takes to work with children in the areas of character formation, social, emotional and behavioural learning. This 1.5 hour long sharing will give you greater clarity in this area of work and help you decide if this is an area of work that you would like to venture into.
The briefing will be conducted on the following Thursdays, 7pm:
26 April: Sengkang Centre
24 May: Bedok North Centre
21 June: Primavera Centre
26 July: Hougang Centre
30 August: Sengkang Centre
20 September: Bedok North Centre
25 October: Primavera Centre
For more details, please call our Programmes Department at 62851377 or email: email@example.com
You may also register your volunteering online.
Volunteers are expected to:
• Assist to manage the behaviours of the children
• Assist the children with their academic work
• Facilitate/lead activities such as speech & drama, dance, art & craft, singing, preparing simple meals, educational or recreational games
• Promote CareNights to the community by going on home visits or participating in community events, such as job fairs or roadshows
• Assist with recruitment of volunteers for CareNights
• Assist in maintaining the safety and well beings of the children, security and cleanliness of the centres.
• At least 18 years old
• Open to working with children aged 7-14 for at least 6 months or at least 72 hours of service in a year
• Willing to learn new ways of engaging and communicating with children
• Positive mindset
• Sense of responsibility
• Openness to learning