Level One Theraplay & MIM and Group Theraplay Training Workshop
Dates: 8 – 12 April 2019
Time: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Venue: Morning Star Training Centre
Blk 323B Sengkang East Way #01-553
Theraplay is a therapist-guided dyadic psychotherapy that focuses on parent-child relationships and has been accepted by SAMHSA in the United States as an evidence-based practice.
The Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) assessment is a structured technique for observing and assessing the relationship between two individuals, such as the biological parent and child, foster or adoptive parent and child, or supportive caregiver and child.
Group Theraplay training is for professionals who want to use Theraplay in classrooms, day care, residential settings or with family groups. The approach simultaneously addresses the cognitive, social and emotional development
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Administer the MIM and analyse it at a beginner level
- Conduct feedback sessions with parents based on the MIM analysis
- Use the MIM as a guideline for Theraplay treatment planning
- Principles of attachment theory on an intellectual and experiential level
- Observe demonstrations of Theraplay treatment and techniques
- Practise Theraplay activities in dyads
- Identify the types of behaviours that require a particular dimension
- Utilize the four Theraplay Dimensions to treat the specific needs of a child
- Describe how Theraplay is applied
- Describe how to guide parents to participate in a Theraplay treatment session
Who Should Attend
- Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Social Workers, School and Clinical Counsellors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Play/ Occupational/ Speech and Language Therapists
- Special education teachers
- Adoption/ Post-Adoption Support Counsellors
- Early Childhood & Development Specialists
- Infant Mental Health Professionals
- Residential Care Professionals
Early Bird Registration from now till 31 Jan 2019: $1,665.00
From 1 Feb 2019 to 22 Mar 2019: $1,865.00
Donna Gates is a Certified Theraplay Therapist and Trainer in private practice. She is also the Supervisor Manager for The Theraplay Institute international certification practicum.
For more information, download the info-brochure.
To register, download the Theraplay Registration Form, and email the completed form to email@example.com with the subject title “Theraplay Registration”.