The Incredible Years® Basic Parenting Group Leaders Training 2022
What is The Incredible Years® Basic Parenting?
The Incredible Years® Series is a set of interlocking, comprehensive, and developmentally based programs targeting parents, teachers and children. The training programs that compose The Incredible Years® Series are guided by developmental theory on the role of multiple interacting risk and protective factors in the development of conduct problems. The programs are designed to work jointly to promote emotional, social, and academic competence and to prevent, reduce, and treat behavioral and emotional problems in young children.
The Incredible Years® Preschool and School Age Basic Parenting Group Leaders Training
|Preschool and School Age||25, 26, 29, 30, 31 Aug, 1, 2 Sep 2022|
Time: 9 am – 12.15 pm
Venue: Zoom Online
This 7-day workshop will cover in depth the group-based Preschool and School Age Basic Parenting Programme, which is designed to promote positive parenting strategies and assist parents in managing children’s behaviour problems, building school readiness skills and partnering with teachers and day care professionals so they can promote children’s emotion regulation and social skills.
Programme topics include:
- Helping toddlers feel loved and secure
- Strengthening children’s social, emotion regulation and school readiness skills
- Encouraging cooperative behaviour
- Effective limit setting, rules & routines
- Handling misbehaviour
- Promoting positive behaviours
- Reducing inappropriate behaviours
- How to support child’s education
A ‘Certificate of Attendance’ from The Incredible Years® will be presented to participants after completion of the programme.
Goals of the Training
The programme trains social service professionals on how to coach parents in:
- Promoting children’s social & emotional development
- Child-directed play skills to promote positive relationships
- Promoting toddler’s language with descriptive commenting
- Establishing rules and predictable routines
- Handling separations and reunions
- Academic & persistence coaching to promote school readiness
- Positive attention, praise & incentives to promote cooperative behaviour
- Setting developmentally appropriate limits
- Positive discipline and using distractions, redirections & ignoring to effectively handle misbehaviour
- Teaching children time out
- Helping children learn to calm down & self-regulate
- Teaching children beginning problem solving steps through stories & games
Who should attend
- Social Workers
- Special Education Teachers
- Family Life Education Trainers
- Social Service Professionals
- Psychoeducation Therapists
S$1,238 per participant
Space is limited. Register early!
This is a ‘Pre-Approved Course’ for VCF application, pending confirmation by mid-2022.
For enquiries and to register, contact Sarah at +65 8932 4808 or email email@example.com with subject title “IY Training”
Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of completed registration form and full payment.
Registration closes 21 July 2022