The Incredible Years® Small Dinosaur Group Leaders Training 2021
What is The Incredible Years® Small Group Dinosaur Treatment Programme?
The Small Group Dinosaur treatment curriculum is for counselors, therapists, or special education teachers to treat children with conduct problems, ADHD, and internalising problems. It is delivered in 2-hour weekly small group sessions (6 children per group) for 18-22 weeks. Ideally it is offered in conjunction with the 2-hour weekly parenting program group sessions so parents have an opportunity to foster their children’s learning in Dinosaur School in their interactions with them at home.
|Small Group Dinosaur||4, 7 – 10 June 2021|
Time: 9 am – 12.15 pm
Venue: Online Platform
This 5-day workshop will present in depth the intervention programme developed by Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton, designed to promote children’s problem-solving skills, appropriate classroom behaviours and positive social skills.
Programme topics include:
- Understanding feelings
- Regulating emotions
The programme utilises puppet play, group work, and fun activities to teach children these skills.
The intervention programme is appropriate for use by clinicians/therapists with small groups of children (4 – 8) who have behaviour problems, either in mental health settings or in schools as “pull-out” sessions. Participants in this training should have experience with groups of children and a graduate degree in social work, psychology, education, nursing, counselling, or a related degree.
After this training, group leaders can offer this 18 – 22 week curriculum to groups of children aged 4 – 8 years old in a therapeutic setting.
Goals of the Training
- Promote children’s emotional, social and academic competencies, and reduce aggressive and non-compliant behaviours
- Strengthen children’s social skills and appropriate play skills (turn-taking, waiting, asking, sharing, helping and complimenting)
- Promote children’s use of self-control strategies as effective problem-solving steps and effective anger management strategies
- Increase emotional awareness by labelling feelings, recognising the differing views of oneself and others, and enhancing perspective-taking
- Boost academic success, reading and school readiness
- Reduce defiance, aggressive behaviour, and related conduct problems such as non-compliance, peer aggression and rejection, bullying, stealing and lying
- Decrease children’s negative cognitive attributions and conflict management approaches
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
Who should attend
- Social Workers
- Special Education Teachers
- Family Life Education Trainers
- Social Service Professionals
- Psychoeducation Therapists
$838 per participant
The Incredible Years® Small Dinosaur Group Leaders Training 2021 is fully booked. Thank you for your support! Like and follow us on Facebook to get the latest updates on upcoming workshops!
For enquiries, please email email@example.com with subject title “Small Group Dina Training”. Registration closes 23 April 2021.