The Incredible Years® Small Dinosaur Group Leaders Training 2020
In-depth discussion and training for Group Leaders in the empirically supported Incredible Years programmes
Date: May 26 – 28, 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Morning Star Training Centre
Block 323A Sengkang East Way
#01-545 Singapore 541323
The Incredible Years® Small Group Dinosaur Treatment is a child training programme that focuses on understanding and improving the behaviours of children with conduct difficulties, ADHD and internalising problems. This 3-day workshop will present in depth the intervention programme developed by Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton, designed to promote children’s problem-solvingskills, appropriate classroom behaviours and positive social skills.
Programme topics include:
- Understanding feelings
- Regulating emotions
The programme utilises puppet play, group work, and fun activities to teach children these skills.
The intervention programme is appropriate for use by clinicians/therapists with small groups of children (4 – 8) who have behaviour problems, either in mental health settings or in schools as “pull-out” sessions. Participants in this training should have experience with groups of children and a graduate degree in social work, psychology, education, nursing, counselling, or a related degree.
After this training, group leaders can offer this 18 – 22 week curriculum to groups of children aged 4 – 8 years old in a therapeutic setting.
Goals of the Training:
- Promote children’s emotional, social and academic competencies, and reduce aggressive and non-compliant behaviours
- Strengthen children’s social skills and appropriate play skills (turn-taking, waiting, asking, sharing, helping and complimenting)
- Promote children’s use of self-control strategies as effective problem-solving steps and effective anger management strategies
- Increase emotional awareness by labelling feelings, recognising the differing views of oneself and others, and enhancing perspective-taking
- Boost academic success, reading and school readiness
- Reduce defiance, aggressive behaviour, and related conduct problems such as non-compliance, peer aggression and rejection, bullying, stealing and lying
- Decrease children’s negative cognitive attributions and conflict management approaches
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
Who should attend:
- Social Workers
- Special Education Teachers
- Family Life Education Trainers
- Social Service Professionals
- Pyschoeducation Therapists
15 April 2020
Kimberlee Shoecraft has been a social services practitioner for more than 14 years and a Certified Mentor/Trainer for The Incredible Years® since 2009. She has facilitated parent groups, parent and infant groups and children groups for many years with high-risk populations. Kimberlee also provides training programs for social service professionals both in America and internationally.
Kimberlee has a B.S. in Sociology, Master’s in Social Work and a Post Graduate Certificate Program in Psychological Trauma.
For more information, download the info-brochure.
To register, download the registration form and email the completed form to email@example.com with the subject title “Small Group Dina”.