Data Protection Policy
At Morning Star Community Services Limited (MSCS), the privacy of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding the information you provide us with, as detailed in this Policy, in line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) effective from 2 July 2014.
1. Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
MSCS may collect, use and disclose personal data for the one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide programmes and services to our clients
- To engage volunteers and donors
- To work with partners
- For employment matters
- To generate internal reports
- To carry out third-party research, analysis and development activities
- To perform policy and process reviews, including but not limited to data analytics, surveys, research, development activities and student and family profiling to improve any of MSCS’ programmes and support services
- To report to relevant regulatory authorities and for purposes required by law, regulations and guidelines
- To conduct temperature screening with facial recognition features
For these purposes, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, SMS or other communication means.
Examples of personal data are, but not limited to, name, age, citizenship, identification number, academic status and results, medical and disability information, residential address, mobile and residential telephone number, personal email address, bank account, photograph or video image.
As our mission is to build vibrant communities through empowering families and individuals, we frequently organise community and third-party activities that are open to the public. Photographs and videos taken during the activities and events might be shared or published by MSCS or third-parties. Individuals may inform if they would prefer their image not to be used.
2. Access, Correction & Withdrawal
You may request for access and amendment to your personal information by informing the service staff whom you know about your request.
For access, withdrawal, correction, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
We may refute your access in cases if and when such related personal data is under legal proceeding, no proper identification or request is carried out with suspected fraudulent intent.
3. Protection & Retention
MSCS will take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will not disclose any extent greater than necessary which we determine in good faith.
We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes as cited or until you request for us to delete the Personal Data, or as required by law.
4. Changes to Policy
MSCS reserves the right to amend this Data Protection Policy at any time. If we make any changes to this Data Protection Policy, we will post these changes on our website. Please check our website from time to time for any changes or updates to our Data Protection Policy.
For queries regarding this Policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Morning Star Community Services HQ
Pu Tian Building #04-01
25 Lorong 33 Geylang