CareNights Volunteers Needed!
CareNights supports parents aiming for social mobility and need temporary caregiving for their children aged 7 to 14 while they attend courses or render overtime. The programme is offered free to parents and depends on volunteer support to sustain it.
Volunteers will be supported with comprehensive trainings on managing and communicating with children. A screening interview will be conducted and selected volunteers will be trained.
Please call our Programmes Department at 62851377
Volunteers are expected to:
- Facilitate/lead activities such as speech & drama, dance, art & craft, singing, preparing simple meals at home, educational or recreational games
- Promote CareNights to the community by going on home visits or participating in community events, such as job fairs or roadshows
- Co-develop lesson plans for academic coaching of younger children
- Co-develop curriculum based on Morning Star’s values programme
- Share academic coaching tips with fellow volunteers
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers for CareNights
- Help manage children while activities are ongoing and assist in maintaining centre cleanliness
- At least 18 years old
- Available from 6 pm – 10 pm once or twice a week (Monday to Friday)
- Open to working with children aged 7-14 for at least 6 months
- Willing to learn new ways of engaging and communicating with children
- Able to take on greater responsibilities with some supervision
- Positive mindset
- Sense of responsibility
- Openness to learning